text embroidered on fabric, installation
18 pieces, varying measurements
Micro-one-line stories of a dailyness that can’t be seen or heard. Each text is embroidered with thread the same color as the fabric.
1. My mother calls bobby pins “invisibles.”
2. Over 90% of the universe’s matter can’t be seen.
3. When she didn’t want us to understand what she was saying, my grandmother spoke to my grandfather in an ancient language.
4. y 5. General view of the installation
6. They whisper into each other’s ears with the same malice of the little girls in my elementary school.